Metal Roof Consultants (MRC) provide the following services to the metal roofing industry:
• ASCE-7 wind load calculations to determine the required wind loads and wind load areas for a metal roof project.
• ASTM E-1592 evaluations – Arrange for, witness and evaluate the results of an ASTM E-1592 test for a metal roof panel system, providing appropriate allowable design loads for such a system. Also, analyze existing ASTM E-1592 test results to determine the allowable panel support spacings necessary to satisfy a particular wind design.
Plans and Specifications
Retrofit Metal Roofing:
Provide all necessary services to offer a complete set of bid/contract documents for a retrofit metal roofing project. These services include the following:
• Evaluate the existing roof system and structural supports to determine the feasibility of a retrofit metal roof application.
• Determine the type of sub-framing system, and its required configuration, to be used on top of the existing roof membrane. Such a system will provide a new support platform for a metal standing steam roof system.
• Develop a roof plan and details that will accurately depict how a new metal standing seam roof system can be applied over the existing roof, complete with flashings into the existing building elements.
• Create a specification, complete with all necessary general conditions, bid requirements, insurance requirements, local jurisdiction legal requirements, and specific performance specifications for the new metal roof. This document will meet all required bidding laws and regulations for the specific location.
• Provide bidding services, bid evaluation and recommendations, contract administration, and contract close-out services necessary to legally and properly administer a retrofit metal roof project.
New Metal Roofing:
Provide professional services to assist another design professional with creation and implementation of proper specifications, drawings and details, bidding, and contract administration, as required by the design professional. These services will blend into the overall design specifications and documents for a new building project.
Provide consultation services to a contractor that desires to expand into the retrofit metal roofing industry. These services could include the following:
• Sales and Marketing
• Business model development
• Field management training
• Overall business planning
Metal Roof Evaluation
Evaluate an existing metal roof system to determine if it satisfies the current code requirements and/or existing contract documents. Provide recommendations how, or if, such an evaluated system can be modified to satisfy the specific code or contract documents.
• Provide professional services to evaluate a disputed metal roof situation, determine the facts of the existing installed system, compare the system to the contract documents and local code restrictions, and recommend how the existing system could be defended and prosecuted
• Review all documentation associated with the metal roof system in question.
• Inspect the entire roof system to determine “as-built” conditions as well as they can be determined when the roof is complete.
• Provide assistance to the legal team, building owner, or contractor.
• Provide expert witness testimony, along with required depositions, interrogatories, statements, etc. necessary to provide a complete legal defense of a certain position.
- The MRC team will head to the 41st Annual NCPSM...
- Recently Chuck Howard, PE of Metal Roof Consult...
- November 14-16 Metal Roof Consultants will be a...
- We just wanted to say that it was great seeing ...
- Chuck Howard, PE, owner of Metal Roof Consultan...